- HID Global will unveil the latest additions to its secure card issuance portfolio that include new, entry level printers and solutions with enhanced features and capabilities.
- Complete range of government-to-citizen ID solutions ranging from e-documents to worker ID and vehicle registration programs will be on display.
- Company executives will present at various conference sessions.
IRVINE, Calif., – CARTES Secure Connexions Event – November 12, 2013 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, continues to drive innovation at next week’s CARTES & IDentification event in Paris. During the show, the company will unveil the latest additions to its secure issuance portfolio that include new, entry level printers and card personalization solutions with enhanced features and capabilities. HID Global will also showcase its broad range of secure card issuance, identity assurance, trusted tags and government-to-citizen ID solutions.
The company will demonstrate solutions for the creation, use and management of secure identities in Hall 3, Stand 3F002 at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre from November 19-21, 2013. Key demonstrations include:
Solutions for Creating a Secure Identity
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards and digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- Card Personalization Solutions: New entry-level printer and a portfolio of card personalization solutions that include enhanced features and capabilities. The broadest range of entry-level to industrial-grade card personalization solutions for creating secure identities, from high-quality color photo IDs to encoding smart cards. Solutions include FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC) and High Definition Printing (HDP®) printer/encoders such as the FARGO HDP5000 Printer/Encoder, HDP8500LE Industrial Series Card Printer/Laser Engraver and a range of DTC printer/encoders. HID Global will also demonstrate creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as showcase the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customizable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organizations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Using Secure Identity
- HID Trusted Tag™ Services and Identification Technologies: Show attendees will experience demonstrations of NFC tag applications using HID Trusted Tag Services, a cloud-based platform for secure NFC tags and services that eliminates the inherent risks of authenticating original documents, processes and high-value assets. It also enables secure logging, and trusted access to various applications. In addition, there will be a broad selection of industrial tags and inlays on display.
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo®, ActivID® Display Card and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One-Time Password (OTP) display supporting logical and physical control; iCLASS SE® platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE® décor reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards or smartphones.
- ActivID Enterprise Authentication and Smart Employee ID Solutions: Including use cases for employee-centric solutions that are based on secure, remote access multi-factor authentication to cloud applications using a single credential for access to the cloud, data and door and protection of corporate data access from personal smartphones.
- Layered Authentication Solutions For Secure Online Banking: The latest ActivID Appliance enables banks to take authentication beyond passwords and easily deploy risk-based authentication solutions that prevent fraud and secure transactions using our latest threat detection and transaction signing technology. It supports over 18 different authentication methods and the latest mobile operating systems for mobile tokens including: iOS, Android and Blackberry.
- Desktop Readers: A wide range of OMNIKEY® readers including the new OMNIKEY 5021 CL contactless (RFID 13.56MHz) smart card reader.
- Complete Government-to-Citizen ID Solutions: Advanced portfolio and integrated capabilities for delivering smart card ID credentials and total ID ecosystems for e-passport, national ID, foreign resident, worker ID and vehicle registration programme. Breakthroughs include HID Global’s Crack Prevention Feature that extends the durability and security of eID cards and e-passports.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded solutions: Embedded platforms to enable third parties to develop hardware that works within the Genuine HID ecosystem, (including HID Global’s new iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor that can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware. Use case scenarios enabling secure print solutions with third Party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security, interoperability and mobile access. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS platform readers and smart cards including its iCLASS Seos® credential for powering mobile access, and its new iCLASS SE Encoder that enables organizations to encode/manage credentials and configure readers. The multi-technology encoder makes it possible for customers to format a number of credential technologies using a single device, on demand.
- Mobile Access Solutions: Technology-independent iCLASS SE access control platform including the iCLASS Seos credential that delivers advanced security, portability and flexibility whilst enabling the use of smartphones and other mobile devices for access control and a range of applications.
HID Global executives will present at CARTES & IDentification track sessions:
Session: C09 - NFC out of payment on Wednesday, November 20th from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Daniel Bailin, Director of Program Management – Strategic Innovation: Using NFC to authenticate documents, processes, and high-value assets
Session: C05 - Electronic government megatrends on Tuesday, November 19th from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Julian Lovelock, Vice President, Product Marketing – Identity Assurance: The emergence of multi-functional PIV cards for today and tomorrow
Exhibitors’ Workshop – Secure Identity on Thursday November 21st from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Craig Sandness, Vice President, Product Marketing – Secure Issuance and Nils Wahlander, Senior Product Marketing Manager – Secure Issuance: A Shifting Paradigm: Governments embrace a more citizen-centric approach to secure ID issuance
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Primary brands are ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, Codebench®, LaserCard® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, ActivID, Crescendo, HID Trusted Tag Services, iCLASS, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, OMNIKEY, pivCLASS, and FARGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations