Company Will Showcase Its identiCLASS™ and veriCLASS™ Embedded Reader Platforms, Developer Center and Developer Services; HID Will Also Present at Conference Session
Paris, France, November 30, 2010 – CARTES & IDentification 2010 (Hall 3, Stand F002) – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, is continuing its drive to deliver innovative products, developer support tools, and services for e-government, cashless payment and ticketing solutions. The company will showcase its globally certified veriCLASS™ and identiCLASS™ embedded reader platforms, finalists in the CARTES 2010 SESAME awards, at next week’s CARTES & Identification 2010 Exhibition and Conference. In addition to highlighting its line of advanced generation FARGO® direct-to-card printers, HID Global will also present “TIP: Basic Building Blocks for Constructing and Using Trusted Identities” at a conference session; and HID will jointly host an exhibitor workshop, entitled “Interoperability Across Various Payment Schemes”, with Wincor/Nixdorf on the show floor.
HID’s globally certified identiCLASS™ and veriCLASS™ embedded reader platforms for e-government, cashless payment and ticketing are based on universally adaptable contactless reader technology and have full FCC and CE modular approvals. The solutions are enriched by a broad range of developer support tools and the industry’s first developer services offering that accelerate HID partners’ time to market with their finished solutions.
HID Global will feature its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in Hall 3, Stand F002 at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center from 7th December to 9th, 2010. Key HID Global demonstrations at CARTES 2010 include:
- Cashless Payment and Ticketing Systems – veriCLASS™ offers a single reader solution that is capable of simultaneously supporting closed-loop payment schemes such as automatic fare collection and open-loop debit/credit card schemes on the same reader platform. On display will be the veriCLASS 3300 reader core for space-constrained applications; and the 3500 reader board for terminal applications, providing integration with an embedded antenna and onboard SAM socket.
- e-Government – identiCLASS™ e-ID embedded reader platform is a single embedded device solution that includes a reader core and reader board to meet the demands of OEM partners and manufacturers of e-ID authentication systems for design-in, turnkey e-ID solutions. On display will be the identiCLASS 3300 reader core for hand-held terminals and other space critical applications; and the 3500 reader board for kiosk terminals where multiple antennas are required.
- HID’s Developers Center Showcase – HID Global’s online Developer Center, Embedded Device Manager and Developer Tool Kit provide developers with the necessary support resources to speed time to market for their e-government, cashless payment and ticketing solutions. The tool kit includes documentation, developer boards/reader core, drivers, sample code and testing materials.
- Printing and Encoding Solutions – HID will showcase its entire line of FARGO printer/encoders, including high definition HDP5000 and HDPii printers; and the new DTC1000, DTC4000 and DTC4500 direct-to-card printer/encoders. The new line of intuitive, reliable and scalable FARGO® direct-to-card printers includes optional field-upgradeable modules to scale to future printing requirements and higher levels of smart card security.
During the conference program at CARTES 2010, HID Global will present “TIP: Basic Building Blocks for Constructing and Using Trusted Identities:”
- Daniel Bailin, director of program management, strategic innovation with HID Global, will discuss the company’s Trusted Identity Platform strategy for constructing and using trusted identities in a virtualized environment during his presentation to be held on 8 December, from 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. in the C08 Card & Security session at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center.
The company will also host an “Interoperability Across Various Payment Schemes” exhibitor workshop:
- Rene Van Ryt, vice president cashless payment at HID Global, will jointly demonstrate the latest developments in cashless payment with Wincor/Nixdorf on 8 December from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. in the Applications: Payment & Prepaid track on the tradeshow floor in Room 2 at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center.