Edge Solo Version 22.214.171.124 is the most recent of firmware updates for HID Global’s Edge Solo product.
Edge Solo 126.96.36.199
Edge Solo Version 188.8.131.52 is the most recent of firmware updates for HID Global’s Edge Solo product. This service pack provides the following product enhancements and fixes:
- Browser Support. Edge Solo now supports the following browsers, some of which are found on some of most current computer operating systems including Windows® 7.
- Mozilla FireFox® versions 2 and 3
- Windows Internet Explorer® versions 6, 7 and 8.
- Lockup. This service pack introduces a firmware change resolving a lock-up issue occasionally experienced by a limited number of units after 3-4 weeks of operation.
- Clock Drift. The Edge Solo clock has improved accuracy within a second per hour, similar to clock drift ratings on today’s standard PC’s.
- Time Zones. Improved management of daylight-savings time for locations in the Southern Hemisphere.
Updating firmware in Edge Solo is done over an existing network connection that connects the client PC web browser to an existing Edge Solo installed in the field.
When downloading packages please make sure to save the file with the file extension .pkg instead of .tar. Follow the "Upgrade Process" section in the release notes for instruction on upgrading firmware in Edge Solo. The product's supported languages are now divided into two release packages; thus, depending on the desired language of operation, download only the pertinent firmware upgrade package.