- HID Global’s NFC continuum of solutions includes Internet of Things use cases for a wide range of proof of presence, brand authenticity and secure transaction applications leveraging HID Trusted Tag® Services.
- Successful pilots and deployments of HID Trusted Tag Services include electronic visit verification (EVV), digital-out-of-home promotions, guard tour and other applications.
- As a leading supplier of NFC tag solutions, the company has also opened new opportunities for use cases in key management and other asset tracking applications, improving security and processes for organizations and their employees.
AUSTIN, Texas, December 1, 2015 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, is driving innovation for securing Internet of Things (IoT) applications that are opening new opportunities across numerous markets. The company’s expanding range of proof of presence, brand protection and asset tracking applications add trust to Near Field Communications (NFC) transactions, creating new paths for HID Global partners to develop solutions that would otherwise be vulnerable to risk or simply not possible. The portfolio of identification innovations exemplifies the company’s NFC continuum, an initiative to broaden the use of HID Trusted Tag Services® and NFC tags.
“HID Global has been at the forefront of enabling new applications that leverage NFC tags for data gathering, data analysis and digital marketing over the past several years,” said Mark Robinton, Director of Business Development and Strategic Innovation with HID Global. “Continuing our journey of NFC solutions innovation, HID Trusted Tag Services are pioneering novel use cases, such as electronic visit verification (EVV), time-and-attendance and other burgeoning IoT applications that are fundamentally changing the way organizations conduct business.”
The company has a solid track record of collaborating with partners to champion successful pilots and deployments of breakthrough solutions that securely connect users to verify a person is where they said they are, enable small data analytics for promotions, improve processes and enhance security:
- HID Global partner Dial-N-Document® integrated HID Trusted Tag Services into a web-based documentation system that interfaces with the services for a secure EVV solution. NFC Trusted Tags placed in the homes of Integrity Home Care patients provide proof of presence and visit documentation for mobile clinicians.
- Partnering with Tamoco, HID Trusted Tag Services powered the first out-of-home (OOH) campaign for Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. Film fans “tapped” promotional posters 8,195 times with 1,156 unique mobile devices, enabling real-time engagement and performance of the campaign.
- HID Global’s award-winning RFID tag and NFC solution, in partnership with system integrator Fundación Ada Byron (FAB), replaced a cumbersome, outdated tracking and employee payment system for picking grapes at Bodega Norton Winery in Argentina.
- Latest innovations, partnering with MyTAG Ltd, include security industry applications, such as key management, proof of presence, time and attendance and lone worker solution programs.
“Our partnership with HID Global has empowered MyTAG to develop innovative NFC-based solutions that boost safety and security processes in key management, lone worker and guard tour programs practices,” said Mike George, Managing Director of MyTAG Ltd. “Our industry-leading solutions replace antiquated paper-based processes, improve accuracy by reducing human error, and provide real-time tracking and reporting, while monitoring keys and the safe return of employees for greater peace of mind to businesses and their employees.”
HID Global’s NFC tags are sold in a variety of form factors, from very small and embeddable to large and robust solutions, in order to satisfy different application requirements. Adding to this portfolio, HID Trusted Tag Services combine the company’s patented NFC tags with its cloud-based authentication platform to add unique and trusted identities to everyday objects that can be read by NFC-enabled smart devices. The services are also designed for future support of Bluetooth® using HID Global’s award-winning Seos® technology.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, Quantum Secure, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit http://www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, the HID logo and HID Trusted Tags are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global or its licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations