- New long-range access control portfolio enables users to open doors and parking gates without opening the window or stopping the vehicle.
- Long-range iCLASS SE readers and credentials make it possible for organizations to combine parking, gate and door access control on a single card for a secure and convenient solution.
- Solutions include powerful end-to-end communications security and advanced identity data encryption.
AUSTIN, Texas, September 15, 2015 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, has expanded its iCLASS SE® platform with long-range ultra-high-frequency (UHF) solutions that provide new options for opening doors and parking gates from a distance. The addition of long-range iCLASS SE readers and credentials enables organizations to combine parking gate and door access control on a single card. The convenient solution makes it possible to read credentials from inside vehicle at distances of up to 16.4 feet (5 meters) from the reader.
“HID Global now offers an easier way for our customers to add parking and gate control to their security infrastructure, with new long-range access options that enhance user convenience while improving the flow of people and vehicles to and from facilities,” said John Fenske, vice president of product marketing – Physical Access Control with HID Global. “Our new portfolio of readers and credentials significantly expands the capabilities of an organization’s access control systems across UHF and smart card technologies. The new solution has already delivered proven security and convenience benefits in early deployments at installations spanning hundreds of readers and more than a million credentials.”
HID Global’s long-range solutions portfolio includes a new rugged and weather-resistant reader that has been optimized for outdoor use. The iCLASS SE U90 Long Range reader can be used from distances of up to 16.4 feet (5 meters) and features advanced encryption along with end-to-end communications technology for the industry’s highest level of UHF access control security. Also available is a dual-technology iCLASS SE and UHF credential for use with the UHF reader and other iCLASS SE platform readers, providing a single solution for seamless door, parking and gate control.
The new solution enables the following capabilities:
- Hands-free parking access at the gate without having to roll down the window: The iCLASS SE U90 reader allows users to activate gate control from inside the car.
- “No-stop” hands-free parking access with the iCLASS SE U90 reader and UHF credentials: Offers a highly secure, long distance option for parking gate control and the additional benefit of improved vehicle flow through parking facilities.
- Integrated parking and gate control with building access: High frequency architectures can combine door and parking control on a single credential.
- Higher security: The readers support OSDP to extend security across all communications connections, including long distances between readers and controllers.
HID Global's long-range UHF solutions are available now. Click here for more information
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, Quantum Secure®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit http://www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, HID logo and iCLASS SE are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations