- Powered by Seos®, solution reduces the complexity of passwords; users authenticate to applications and services by simply tapping their mobile device with their smart card used to open doors.
- Tightly integrated with Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2 Active Directory Federation Services and supports Microsoft Windows 7 laptops and desktops, Android™-based tablets and other mobile devices via NFC
- Company will demo the new offering, along with its range of credential management and multi-layered, strong authentication solutions for government and secure banking, at RSA 2015.
AUSTIN, Texas, April 8, 2015 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today introduced the ActivID® Tap Authentication™ platform for convenient and secure multi-factor authentication to cloud applications and web services. HID Global’s new ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft enables users to simply tap their smart card to laptops, tablets, phones and other NFC-enabled devices for easy and convenient access to Office365 and other cloud apps and web-based services. The solution uses award-winning Seos® credentials, enabling organizations to implement a consistent “tap” experience when accessing both doors and cloud apps.
“ActivID Tap Authentication is designed to improve both security and the user experience across a wide range of enterprise applications, in environments where it can require 20 or more logins each day in order to access enterprise data and services,” said Tim Phipps, vice president of product marketing, Identity Assurance with HID Global. “As the first solution to use our authentication service, ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft reduces the need for complex passwords and diminishes password fatigue. It makes it easier than ever for users to leverage a single smart card to seamlessly access data, login to cloud resources and open doors.”
The new offering enables authentication to multiple apps and services on multiple endpoint devices without having to recall and re-type additional codes and passwords. ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft is tightly integrated with Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory Federation Services and the HID Global Authentication Cloud Service. There is no additional annual maintenance and support fee with the service, and both the client software and user licenses are bundled into a flexible subscription-based pricing model.
“By building on Active Directory Federation Services, HID Global’s ActivID Tap Authentication service makes it easier for IT teams to manage multiple user access scenarios and passwords, eliminating the need for employees and other end users to remember, retrieve and/or track multiple passwords,” said Andrew Conway, Senior Director, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Product Marketing.
The solution includes ActivID Tap Authentication Provider, Tap App for Android, Tap client for Windows 7, Authentication Cloud Services, HID Global’s Seos smart cards and an optional OMNIKEY® USB reader for Windows 7 endpoints without built-in NFC readers.
ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft is available now. Click here for more information.
Presentation and Live Demos at RSA 2015 in San Francisco from April 21-24
- HID Global will conduct live demos of the ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft service in HID Booth #4100, Company executives will present on a “Mobile-first, Cloud-first World” during an RSA session on Wednesday, April 22 at 11:30 a.m. in the North Expo.
- Company will also showcase its broad portfolio of credential management and multi-layered authentication solutions for government, enterprise and banking.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm® Quantum Secure, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit http://www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, ActivID, OMNIKEY and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Global Public Relations